Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Adventure Begins...

Over the last year I have been trying to get in to table top RPGs. More specifically the big 2: Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder. I have a bit of a crazy schedule and I kinda live in the middle of nowhere so finding a group to game with has been a challenge. I have some gaming friends who have invited me along to their games but it never seems to work out. I have even looked at doing online meetup games or play-by-post and that has not really panned out well either.

I have the Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set and the Pathfinder Beginner Box and have played through the solo adventures. I think I prefer Pathfinder so I am sticking to it right now. After getting frustrated with not being able to game with others I have made a decision: I am going to game alone. I am a one man wolf pack. Since I can't seem to work out a schedule with anyone else I am going to embark on a solo journey and see where it takes me. I have found several solo adventures from DriveThruRPG and have a pretty sweet app with all the Pathfinder books on it.

This blog will document my experience as a solo gamer. I will be serving as both Game Master and Player for my adventures. My first few posts will be reviews of both beginner boxes as I begin my journey. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Sweet sass... I'd love to talk to you about this on the show. My views are this would be difficult to play out because being both GM and player you would kind of know whats coming.

    ReplyDelete